The Imperial County Office of Education Credentials Office processes applications for substitute teacher permits authorizing substitute teaching services for K-12 public schools in California.
- Emergency teaching permits authorize the holder to serve as day-to-day substitute teachers in any classroom, including preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1-12.
- Permits are valid for one year.
- The holder may serve as a substitute for no more than 30 days for any one teacher during the school year, except in a special education classroom, where the holder may serve for no more than 20 days for any one teacher during the school year.
Information from the CCTC Website
- 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit
- Emergency Substitute Teaching Permit for Prospective Teachers
- Processing Fees
- How to Apply
- Renewing Your Credential
Anyone interested in substitute teaching in Imperial County must apply for the appropriate permit directly through the ICOE Credentials Office. For further information please contact:
Ruby Tagaban, Credential Analyst
(760) 312-6132 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucia Meza, Human Resources Technician
(760) 312-6156 email@example.com
Rosa A. Meraz, Human Resources Manager
(760) 312-6461 firstname.lastname@example.org