The Public Records Act (PRA) gives you access to public records we maintain unless they’re exempt from disclosure by law.
This may include written or electronic information.
Government Code 7920 et seq.
We are exempt from disclosing certain public records or portions of public records.
Here is a partial list of exempt documents:
- Personnel, medical, or similar files for ICOE employees
- Tests questions and scoring keys for employment exams
- Preliminary drafts of documents not retained by us
- Records pertaining to pending litigation
What You Can Request
By law, we may provide access to our public records that are not exempt.
How To Request Records
Submit your request for public records to our Disclosure Office by email or mail:
Imperial County Office of Education
Attn. Superintendent's Office
1398 Sperber Road
El Centro, CA 92243
Please make sure your request contains the following information:
- The entity’s name
- Your mailing address
- A description of the records you are requesting.
What To Expect
Generally, within 10 days, we’ll determine whether we have the information you requested and if we can disclose it to you.
We generally will begin providing the records to you within 30 days after:
- We notify you whether we have records we can disclose to you or
- You have paid any duplication fees that apply, which is later
The time for production of the records depends on:
- The time needed to identify and gather the records
- The volume of the request
- Whether any computer services are needed to produce a copy of the record
We may charge 10 cents per page whether we provide paper or electronic copies.
You may also request to view public records in person. Contact us to schedule an appointment, so that we can prepare the records for you.