The Resource & Referral Program's primary function is to provide referrals to parents who are looking for a preschool program, child care center, school age child care, a home-based enrichment program or a licensed family child care home.
In person and phone referrals are available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., by visiting the Resource & Referral Program located at the Imperial County Office of Education's Early Care and Education Programs or by calling (760)312-6544. There is no charge for this service.
Online referrals are also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The online database information provides the public with a referral, not a recommendation. ICOE or the Resource and Referral Program does not license, screen for quality of care, or endorse any provider. ICOE does, however, offer education and information on selecting quality child care and encourages parents to visit child care providers before making their decision.
Please click here "Child Care Referrals" for the online database.
Haga clic aquí "Referencias de cuidado infantil" para obtener la base de datos en línea.
Resources for COVID-19 Information:
|California Coronavirus(VOVIC-19) Response||https://covid19.ca.gov/es|
|Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)||https:/espanol.cdc.gov|
|Imperial County Public Health Department||www.icphd.org (Escoja lenguaje en Español)|
|California Department of Social Services||www.cdss.ca.gov (Escoja lenguaje en Español)|
|California Child Care Resource and Referral Network||https://rrnetwork.org/assets/general-files/financial-assistance-for-fcc-covid-SP.pdf (Escoja lenguaje en Español)|
|California Child Care Resource and Referral Network||https://rrnetwork.org/updates/coronavirus-covid-19-resources-for-families-child-care-providers-and-businesses (Escoja lenguaje en Español)|
|California Coronavirus(VOVIC-19) Response - cuidado de los niños||https://covid19.ca.gov/childcare/|
|Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings||https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx#.X8p7YS-cx2A.mailto|
|California Department of Public Health COVID-19 FACT Sheet||CDPH COVID-19 Fact Sheet|
|Vaccination Letter Update||Vaccination Letter Update 03_04_21 SP|
Additional services and programs available through the Resource & Referral Program:
- Information and guidance for the Alternative Payment Program and Cal-WORKs eligible families on combining a license-exempt childcare provider (family, friend, or neighbor) or a licensed family child care home with a state or federally subsidized preschool program to best prepare their child for Kindergarten and beyond.
- Information and written materials on how to choose appropriate early education and child care services.
- Referrals to other family/children services in Imperial County.
- Assistance in opening a child care center or family child care home.
- Implementation of the California Child Care Initiative Project (CCIP) which provides training and ongoing support for individuals seeking to obtain a family child care license. The goal of the project is to build child care capacity and improve the quality of care for all children, especially for infants and toddlers.
- Trustline™ Registry- fingerprint clearance program for license-exempt child care provider (family, friend or neighbor).
- Information on the supply and demand of early education and child care services in Imperial County and statewide.
- Workshops for early childhood educators and child care providers.
- Licensing Orientations in Spanish.
- Foster Care Bridge Program.
Resources and Referral
Phone: (760) 312-6544
Fax: (760) 312 -6198