"Everything you always wanted to know about early care and education but didn't know who to ask!"
The mission of the Imperial County Early Care & Education Planning Council is to advocate, promote and plan accessible quality early care and education services for Imperial County children.
The Early Care & Education Planning Council’s major responsibilities are to:
- Provide a forum for the identification of local early care and education priorities and the development of policies to meet the needs identified within those priorities;
- Conduct an assessment of early care and education needs at least once every five years;
- Prepare a comprehensive countywide early care and education plan designed to address identified needs; and
- Develop and implement the Professional Development & Retention Stipend Program for the purpose of retaining qualified staff providing early care and education services to children enrolled in Imperial County’s state-subsidized center-base programs.
Early Care & Education Planning Council Goals
- To advocate for access to high quality, evidence-based early education and child care for children birth to 8 years of age
- To enhance community awareness of the importance of high quality, evidence-based early care and education programs in Imperial County.
- To advocate for the personal and professional development opportunities for early care and education practitioners that enhances the quality of early education and child care services.
- To increase the community's awareness of the Early Care & Education Planning Council's work.
Ealry Care & Education Manager
Phone: (760) 312-6604
Fax: (760) 312-6198
The Early Care & Education Planning Council is funded by the California Department of Education - Child Development Division