“Our mission is to advocate for quality early care and education, optimal development and well-being for children and families in our community.”
The Early Care & Education Planning Council’s major responsibilities are to:
- Provide a forum for the identification of local early care and education priorities and the development of policies to meet the needs identified within those priorities;
- Conduct an assessment of early care and education needs at least once every five years;
- Prepare a comprehensive countywide early care and education plan designed to address identified needs; and
- Develop and implement the Professional Development & Retention Stipend Program for the purpose of retaining qualified staff providing early care and education services to children enrolled in Imperial County’s state-subsidized center-base programs.
Early Care & Education Planning Council Goals
- To advocate for access to and increase community awareness of high quality, evidence-based early education and child care services for children birth to eight (8) years of age.
- To build and maximize access and utilization of local resources for comprehensive and coordinated health and wellness services for those within early childhood education (ECE) settings and system.
- To advocate for personal and professional development opportunities for early care and education practitioners that enhance the quality of early education and child care services.
- Imperial County Early Care & Education - Application for Membership
- Imperial County Childcare Priorities 2018-2019
- Early Care & Education Planning Council - Strategic Plan 2013-2018
- Imperial County Child Care Planning Council Needs Assessment 2018
- Early Care & Education Planning Council - Membership Roster 2019 (Form CD-3020)
- Early Care & Education Planning Council - Bylaws
- Child Care in Imperial County: An Assessment of the Status of Children, Families and the Field in 2010
- A Guide to the Ralph M. Brown Act
- Roberts Rules of Order
Ealry Care & Education Manager
Phone: (760) 312-6604
Fax: (760) 312-6198
The Early Care & Education Planning Council is funded by the California Department of Education - Early Learning and Care Division