CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEE GRANT
(Applications due october 5th, 2022) 2022-2023 Classified Employee Grant Application
The Classified Employee Grant seeks to provide guidance and financial assistance to future educators who seek a Teaching Credential. The Classified Employee Grant awarded by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing, which provides approximately $3500 per year in reimbursements to assist classified employees pursuing a teaching credential, was awarded in 2022 to OCDE in collaboration with Butte County Office of Education, Imperial County Office of Education, Orange County Department of Education, San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools, and San Diego County Office of Education.
This funding supports classified school employees under the collaborating local educational agencies to complete their undergraduate education and/or teacher preparation program so that classified employees can become credentialed teachers in the state’s public schools. One major goal of the program is to support all participants in passing both the CBEST and CSET in a timely manner.
In this endeavor, we have developed online courses to support the passing of CBEST, CSET, RICA and CalTPA. Our support includes individualized student support and in-house advising.
- Grant Educational Advisors
- Constant communication throughout the entire year
- At least 3 meetings per semester (Video chat, Phone calls, Emails, or In-person)
- Develop an Individualized Pathway Plan for each participant
- Provide guidance toward a teaching credential
- Supplies participants with resources and information
- Tuition for Undergrad and Credential Courses (No Masters Courses)
- Grant funds only 1 preliminary credential
- Parking Permits
- Livescan and CTC Clearance
- College Applications
- TB Test
- CPR Certification
- CBEST & CSET Exams (and study materials)
- NO Electronics or S
You must save your receipts and complete the appropriate paperwork.
To be eligible for the grant, potential candidates must be a classified employee through one of the following counties: Butte County Office of Education, Orange County Department of Education, Imperial County Office of Education, San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools, or San Diego County Office of Education.
Grant participants must adhere to all grant requirements to maintain their status in the grant and eligibility for reimbursable funds. Since the grant is reimbursable, participants must first pay for items out of pocket and submit their receipts to get access to grant funds.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2022-2023 academic year. You would need to SUBMIT your completed hard copy application or PDF application via e-mail to Eileen Gutierrez at ICOE, bldg. A., firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the application to be accepted, you must include all of the documents below.
- Complete the application
- Attach (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Attach unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended
- Attach scores of CBEST and CSET, if applicable
- Attach acceptance letter from the credential program, if applicable
The Classified Employee Grant will host information sessions for classified staff interested in applying to the grant. During the sessions, we will provide you with an overview of the grant and the application process. We will give you an opportunity to ask questions; we hope to see you soon!
● September 15, 2022 from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM
● Zoom Registration: https://bcoe.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAvf-GprzIoE9doAS6hDNO-yakzodEOEUm-
● September 19, 2022 from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM
● Zoom Registration: https://bcoe.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qdumvrzMsH9JyGysSwQ6wcyvtey2EiiZJ
● September 21, 2022 from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM
● Zoom Registration: https://bcoe.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIvduuqpj0pEtxTyThyIXCfvzB5L55rJvpF
● September 27, 2022 from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM
● Zoom Registration: https://bcoe.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYqd-mspj8iGNFYZP1-KyX8FmUFXI2BInz3
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
All applicants will be notified on October 28th if they have either been chosen as a recipient, selected as an alternate, or were not selected at this time. All selected recipients and alternates will be required to attend an orientation meeting being held in November. The meeting will take place at our county offices and participants may either attend in person or will be given access to an online Zoom meeting.
Contact CE Grant