The Resource & Referral Program's primary function is to provide referrals to parents who are looking for a preschool program, child care center, school age child care, a home-based enrichment program or a licensed family child care home.
In person and phone referrals are available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., by visiting the Resource & Referral Program located at the Imperial County Office of Education's Early Care and Education Programs or by calling (760)312-6544. There is no charge for this service.
Online referrals are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Additional services and programs available through the Resource & Referral Program:
- Information and guidance for the Alternative Payment Program and Cal-WORKs eligible families on combining a license-exempt childcare provider (family, friend, or neighbor) or a licensed family child care home with a state or federally subsidized preschool program to best prepare their child for Kindergarten and beyond.
- Information and written materials on how to choose appropriate early education and child care services.
- Referrals to other family/children services in Imperial County.
- Assistance in opening a child care center or family child care home.
- Implementation of the California Child Care Initiative Project (CCIP) which provides training and ongoing support for individuals seeking to obtain a family child care license. The goal of the project is to build child care capacity and improve the quality of care for all children, especially for infants and toddlers.
- Trustline™ Registry- fingerprint clearance program for license-exempt child care provider (family, friend or neighbor).
- Information on the supply and demand of early education and child care services in Imperial County and statewide.
- Workshops for early childhood educators and child care providers.
- Licensing Orientations in Spanish.
- Foster Care Bridge Program.
Resources and Referral
Phone: (760) 312-6544
Fax: (760) 312 -6198