The Technical Operations department of Technology Services provides high quality support services and technological infrastructure to ICOE departments, schools districts and the community. We strive to provide all employees with the latest technology tools and platforms allowing them to operate efficiently and effectively in this modern era. Our staff is both technically savvy and friendly, the ideal combination for providing support to all tech users—from students, to teachers, to administrative staff.
The Technical Operations department consists of two teams—Technical Support and Enterprise Systems— working together toward the common goal of supporting our education and business partners in their technology needs.
The Technical Support team provides multi-tiered support in the use of computers, audio visual equipment, telephones and office applications to ICOE departments, school districts and statewide agencies. Our consolidated helpdesk also supports the statewide use of tools to help teachers and administrators leverage technology in their classrooms. Our team ensures that end-users are just a phone call away from the support of highly skilled technicians.
The Enterprise Systems team manages the server-based applications and their implementations to support users both locally and statewide. The goal of this team is to ensure that voice and video applications and all data transfer systems operate efficiently and meet the needs of the customers.
Technical Operations at a Glance
- Provides end-user support.
- Installs and manages client-server applications.
- Installs, configures and maintains virtual server infrastructure.
- Configures and maintains database servers.
- Provides computer, and A/V support.
- Maintains and supports the communications infrastructure (VoIP, E-mail, Fax, Listserv) systems.
- Manages enterprise technology infrastructure (servers, storage, virtualization, etc).