The Network Services Department provides end-to-end support in designing, installing and maintaining data networks to support the essential operations of the Imperial County Office of Education (ICOE). Our department is dedicated to provide technology support services and leadership to all of our school districts. The Network Services Department also serves as the Network Administrator for the Imperial Valley Telecommunications Authority (IVTA).
Network Services at a Glance
- Monitors local/wide area network and problem management.
- Manages IVTA construction projects including fiber and wireless systems installs.
- Builds, manages and maintains a robust fiber-based telecommunications network through the county.
- Installs, configures and maintains network equipment.
- Ensures network security and availability.
- Manages backup power systems and environment monitoring systems.
Imperial Valley Telecommunications Network (IVTA)
The Imperial Valley Telecommunications Authority is:
- A collaborative of all Imperial County school districts, city agencies, county agencies, Imperial Community College and San Diego State University-IVC
- An innovative partnership with the Imperial Irrigation District
- Officially recognized as a public "Joint Powers Authority (JPA)"
- IVTA is dedicated to provide new technology and a community-wide system access to the Imperial Valley public agencies, and contribute to the growth and development of the community.
IVTA major projects include:
- Connecting participating agencies to a state-of-the-industry fiber-optic communications network
- Planning for future uses of the high-speed network to improve efficiency and reduce costs of operations
For more information, please visit: www.ivta.net