Section 504 Regulation 34 CFT 104.3(j-l) defined:
- “a person with a disability as any person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, has a record of such impairment, OR is regarded as having such impairment.”
- …even if an impairment is episodic or in remission can meet the “disability requirement” if it substantially limits a major life activity when active.
- Congress stated that the determination whether an impairment substantially limits a major life activity shall be made without regard to ameliorative effects of mitigating measures such as medication, medical supplies, equipment or other devices.
- Please note: January 2009 Congress clarified that students regarded as having an impairment do not automatically qualify for accommodations/services.
The Imperial County SELPA encourages each participating LEAs to use the BeyondSST & 504 Plan electronic system for the development of the 504 Plan.
To access the BeyondSST system, please use the following link: https://www.beyondsst.org/Account/LogOn
BeyondSST website log-in: Click here
BeyondSST playlist of User Tutorials via YouTube: Click here
- Referring A Student to 504
- Beyond SST Success Story: Melissa Hulsey
- SSTONLINE Quicktip #09 - Referring Students To SEIS
- SSTONLINE Quicktip #08 - Transferring Students
- SSTONLINE Quicktip #07 - How to Bulk Update Users
- SST Online Webinar: End Of Year Process For District Level Staff
- SST Online Quicktip #06 - SST Online Calendar
- SST Online Quicktip #05 Pulling reports from the report section of the menu bar
- SST Online Quick Tip #4 - How to monitor when students have been added to your caseload
- SST Online Training - Form Status
- SST Online Quick Tip #3 - Bulk Updating Teachers and Providers
- SST Online Training – Pre-SST Intervention – Recommended for Teachers
- SST Online Training - Student Record - Student History & Attachments
- SST Online Quick Tip 2 - How to Make a Correction to an Affirmed SST Form
- SST Online Training – Students to Add – Recommended for SST Coordinator/Admin
- SST Online Training - General Info - Parent/Guardian - Teacher Pages
- SST Online Training – Add Student Request – Recommended for Teachers
- SST Online Quick Tip #1 - How to Manage Your Profile