SELPA AB 602 SELPA Local Governance Plan 2021-2022
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act 20 United States Code (20 USC) Section 1400 et seq. and related federal regulations, require each special education local plan area (SELPA) to ensure a continuum of program options are available to meet the needs of students with disabilities for special education and related services.
The California Department of Education (CDE) has established guidelines for the coordinated development and submission Local Plan components—Section A: Contacts and Certifications, Section B: Governance and Administration, Section D: Annual Budget Plan, Section E: Annual Service Plan, and required Attachments I–VII. Regional SELPAs ensure access to special education and services for all students with disabilities residing within the geographic areas served by each plan.
The Imperial County SELPA is pleased to share the SELPA Local Governance Plan for the 2021-2022 school year, The purpose of the SELPA Local Plan is to:
- Outline the special education policies/procedures and services that are offered throughout the SELPA.
- To assure access to special education and related services for all individuals with exceptional needs residing within the geographic area served by the plan.
- To assure compliance with all Federal and State codes and statutes.
To review the SELPA Local Plan, please click on the Local Plan sections, as listed below. Hard copies of the SELPA Local Plans are available at the Imperial County SELPA office located at: 1398 Sperber Rd., El Centro, CA 92243, Bldg. D.
- Section B: Governance and Administration
- Section D: Annual Budget Plan & Attachments I-VII
- Section E: Annual Service Plan & Attachment VI