The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) gives families an opportunity to share information and to support each other in their efforts as parents and educators of children with special needs. The CAC educates parents and increases parental awareness of special education programs, related services, community resources, and educational issues. The purpose of the CAC is to promote quality educational programs and services for individuals with disabilities and their families. The CAC is a local committee composed of parents, educators and agency partners who are involved with special education. The CAC is a participant in the development, amendment, and review of the Local Plan for Special Education.
Encourage parents to actively participate in becoming knowledgeable, empowered, and effective partners in the development and implementation of learning experiences for students with exceptional needs.
The mission defines CAC’s purpose, special qualities, and establishes overall direction
- Update current information in a timely manner
- Educate parents
- Develop a communication structure to inform parents
- Provide information on available support groups
- Provide support to parents
The CAC works with families to:
- Provide a support group for parents and students
- Provide an opportunity to talk with professionals who work with children with special needs
- Increase awareness of available service options
- Increase awareness of the importance of regular school attendance
- Encourage community involvement in the development and review of the local plan for special education
- Provide parent education
- Support activities on behalf of children with special needs
- Provide an open forum for discussion, committee reports, and guest speakers through CAC meetings
All meetings are scheduled to begin promptly at 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm on the scheduled days:
- October 12, 2023
- January 25, 2024
- April 25, 2024
- May 23, 2024
Farrar Leadership Center (FLC - A)
Imperial County Office of Education
1398 Sperber Road, Building C
El Centro, CA 92243
**Traducción al Español estará disponible.
Please call (760) 312-6417 for more details.