To better prepare students for the 21st century and support teachers through a PD model that will increase students’ mathematical ability, create a college and career culture, and a pathway for all Imperial Valley students in grades K-8 leading to a successful high school graduation, through the following goals:
- Increase the number of participating teacher’s students achieving proficiency by 20%
- Increase the mathematical content knowledge of teacher participants using research based professional development practices outlined in The National Mathematics Advisory Council Foundation for Success.
- Provide for universal access, language development and differentiation through implementation of formative assessment and the Standards for Mathematical Practices.
- The use of technology to help teachers apply and reflect on the key goals of intensive PD to classroom implementation
- Support long term cohesive student growth and participation in mathematics through teacher leadership development and vertical articulation in grades K-8.
Through collaboration partnership with the local community college and San Diego State University-Imperial Valley Campus, strengthen the teaching practices and respective roles in mathematics education.
Janet Estrada (760-312-6611)