What is the Seal of Biliteracy?
The Seal of Biliteracy is an award given by the Imperial County Office of Education and partnering school districts in recognition of students who have studied and attained proficiency in two or more languages by high
In awarding the Seal of Biliteracy to graduating seniors who meet the requirements, the Imperial County Office of Education and partnering districts seek to:
- Encourage students to develop and maintain biliteracy and multilingual skills;
- Recognize and honor language diversity;
- Promote world language instruction in our schools;
- Promote the development of language and cultural appreciation and cross-cultural understanding;
- Encourage the development of dual language immersion programs in schools;
- Prepare students with 21st century skills that will benefit them in the labor market and the global society.